While proper tree care is important for the growth and nurturing of new, young plantings, it is equally imperative to care for the mature trees on your property. Mature trees often stand out, becoming the identifying characteristic of our yards. For many of us, they signify home. They also add value to your property and…
Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) is a pest infestation that has become a major problem in the U.S. over the last 10 years. The outbreak of these tree pests has forced a quarantine to be placed on Ramsey, Hennepin, Houston and Winona counties, as cases of EAB have been found in areas close to Woodbury, Minnesota,…
While trees are an overall low-maintenance addition to your landscape, tree disease is an unfortunate and common occurrence. Bur Oak Blight (BOB), discovered by Dr. Tom Harrington of Iowa State University, has recently been reported in Ramsey and Hennepin counties. Cases of BOB have been found in Wayzata, Minnesota, among other cities. It is important…
Knowing what to look for and plan for in each season is key to keeping your trees healthy. Below are a few tips for each season to help you plan the care of your yard or property.
• Is your tree behind when it breaks bud? Is your tree only half leafed out? These are both red flags in terms of your tree’s health.
• This is the best time to treat for leaf diseases including: apple scab, powdery mildew, rusts, needle diseases of pine and spruce, and anthracnose.
• Insects to look for include: plant bugs, leaf hoppers, tent caterpillars, pine sawfly.
• This is one of the best times to plant trees and shrubs (along with fall) so prepare for new additions to your landscape now.
• Now is an ideal time to treat your Ash trees for Emerald Ash Borer.