Tree Cutters in Wayzata, Minnesota
Ostvig Tree Services – Tree Removal and Trimming Experts
Committed to providing experienced and professional tree care and tree removal services to clients in Wayzata, MN, 55391.
Call Ostvig Tree in Wayzata
With almost a hundred years of experience, we have the knowledge and skills needed to handle a wide range of tree care concerns in Wayzata, MN, including:
Your plants need regular pruning and care to look their best and stay healthy.
We diagnose plant ailments, control, eliminate, and prevent disease or insect/pest infestation.
Buckthorn is an invasive species that can out-compete native Minnesota plants for the resources they need to thrive.
Removing trees & shrubs becomes necessary when the plants are severely injured by storms, they outgrow their sites or they need maintenance.
Cutting a tree close to the ground isn’t enough for your property needs. We also need to grind a stump we leave the site as clean as we can.
Our trimming services can shape your hedges and reduce the height or width as needed. In addition, we remove, dispose of and plant hedges.
We’ll help you decide whether a damaged tree can be saved; whether cracks can be repaired, or if a diseased or insect infested tree can be treated.
- Why remove a tree?
- Touring Around Wayzata
- More Information About Wayzata, MN
- Why Choose Ostvig Tree?
Why do we need to remove a tree?
- The tree us dead.
- The trunk is already hollow, or has an interior decay.
- The tree is already dying. The health of the tree is noticeably declining.
- The tree has been damaged by the storm beyond repair.
- The tree is growing too close and leaning towards a structure of a public area.
- The tree roots are causing damages to sidewalks, building foundations, driveways, underground utilities, and others.
- The tree drops troublesome leaves or needles, sap, seeds, cotton, and/or branches.
- The tree is blocking certain views or is creating too much shade and inhibiting your lawn to grow.
- Your landscape renovation plans would damage the tree.
- The tree has formed a bad crotch.
- The tree trunks have cracks which is a sign of tree health deterioration.
- There are cracks in the main trunk or leaders.
- A huge tree may be a danger when the branches break and fall.
- A tree is infected with disease that may potentially harm nearby plants and other trees, and also the people around it.
- There are already too much trees in your property.
Wayzata in Hennepin County, Minnesota is a the “Jewel of Lake Minnetonka", a great and fun place to visit. It is a small town lakeside village in the Twin Cities of Minnesota.
In spring, enjoy “Maple Sugaring" in Wayzata. Visit Wayzata’s Big Woods and Shaver Park for Maple Sugaring season, where you tap tree trunks to collect maple syrup.
Tree tapping for maple sugaring is dependent on the weather. Temperatures need to be below freezing at night and above freezing during the daytime. When temperatures are between 28 and 40 degrees, the fluctuation creates the ideal situation for the sap to flow.
All materials needed for tapping trees will be provided, thanks to the generosity of our sponsor, The Retreat, a recovery center located in the heart of the Big Woods.
Here are some of the interesting things participants will learn at this event:
- It takes 40 gallons of sap to make one gallon of syrup.
- Trees to be tapped must be at least 12 inches in diameter.
- Sugar Maple, Black, Red and Silver Maple are the best trees to tap, because they have the highest sugar content, but Birch, Walnut or Boxelder may also be tapped.
- Native Americans taught Minnesota pioneers the skill of making maple syrup, which provided sweetener when sugar was scarce.
- We will use cans to collect sap, but the Native Americans used birch bark containers fixed with fir tree pitch glue the bark together to stop leaking.
- Native Americans knew it was time to move to the “sugar bush” camp (the hardwood maple forests) when they saw the crows return.
- Maple sugaring stops when the sap runs cloudy, the trees start budding, or the frogs start croaking after a thunder and lightning storm.
The sap will be reduced outside on a barrel wood stove in the Old Holdridge neighborhood. All working “sappers” will be able to bring home syrup depending on their chosen tree and the length of Mother Nature’s sapping season.
Zip Codes in Wayzata, MN:
Wayzata is a city in Hennepin County, Minnesota, United States. It is in the western part of the Minneapolis–Saint Paul metro area. The name Wayzata is derived from a Lakota Sioux phrase meaning “North Shore".
Ostvig Tree in Wayzata
We do not recommend removing any tree on your own or without the help of a certified arborist. Ostvig Tree care professionals have a vast understanding of many different tree species in a multitude of situations. Ostvig tree has trained arborists who is very knowledgeable in the safest and most efficient ways to remove all kinds of minnesota trees. The Ostvig Tree Arborists in Wayzata will help you avoid risky or dangerous situations.
Ostvig Tree Care has complete necessary tools and equipment to remove tree branches, wood and plants.
If you have a tree that needs to be removed fill in the form below or call us at 952-473-0534.
What People in Wayzata, MN Say About Ostvig Tree
Contact Ostvig Tree Services in Wayzata, MN
From large projects to small – from tree trimming to shrub care, and insect and disease treatments – we can guide you and keep your trees vibrant, healthy, and add value with beauty.