Expert Arborists in Burnsville, Minnesota
Ostvig Tree Services – Tree Removal and Trimming Specialists
Committed to providing experienced and professional full tree care and tree removal services to the whole City of Burnsville, MN, 55306, 55337.
Call Ostvig Tree in Burnsville
With almost a hundred years of experience, we have the knowledge and skills needed to handle a wide range of tree care concerns in Burnsville, MN, including:
Your plants need regular pruning and care to look their best and stay healthy.
We diagnose plant ailments, control, eliminate, and prevent disease or insect/pest infestation.
Buckthorn is an invasive species that can out-compete native Minnesota plants for the resources they need to thrive.
Removing trees & shrubs becomes necessary when the plants are severely injured by storms, they outgrow their sites or they need maintenance.
Cutting a tree close to the ground isn’t enough for your property needs. We also need to grind a stump we leave the site as clean as we can.
Our trimming services can shape your hedges and reduce the height or width as needed. In addition, we remove, dispose of and plant hedges.
We’ll help you decide whether a damaged tree can be saved; whether cracks can be repaired, or if a diseased or insect infested tree can be treated.
- How to Choose the Best Certified Arborist
- Touring Around Burnsville
- More Information About Burnsville, MN
- Why Choose Ostvig Tree?
How to Choose the Best Certified Arborist in Burnsville, MN
Before choosing a certified arborist, a property owner should look at many things including the following:
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) Grade – The BBB assigns grades A+ to F to businesses based on the information the bureau has on file about the business, such as complaints filed and licensing. When considering a certified arborist, be sure to complete an online search of the company’s BBB grade. This information is easy to access and free online. In addition to the grade, you can see any complaints filed, customer reviews and more. For example, by visiting the BBB Business Review of Ostvig Tree Care, you will find that we are a BBB Accredited Business and have an A+ grade.
- Insurance – It’s understandable that many people make the assumption that every arborist has the proper insurance… which is exactly why you need to ask for proof of their coverage. Property owners who don’t ask run the risk of having to pay for personal and property damage caused by those who are uninsured. Be sure to verify the company’s proof of insurance, and if you’re still not 100% certain of its validity, contact the insurance company. The tree care company or arborist should have personal and property damage insurance and workers compensation insurance.
- Credentials – A reputable arborist is certified through a local and/or national program. They may also be a member of a tree or landscape organization, which shows their dedication to staying informed on what’s new in the industry. If you are hiring a certified arborist in the state of Minnesota, find out whether or not they are (or need to be) licensed to work in your particular city. Otherwise, they may not be aware of the processes for that city.
- Reputation – Angie’s List review website is a great way to find a trusted service provider. Businesses receive reviews for their services and the reviews are then checked for any suspicious activity such as for self-promotion. Some businesses receive Super Service Awards for achieving and maintaining a superior service rating as determined by Angie’s List members. For example, Ostvig Tree Care won the Angie’s List Super Service Award in the category of “Tree Service.”
- Ask Around – It’s always a good idea to ask friends and family who they recommend for services such as tree care. Knowing that you are working with an individual or company that is trusted by someone you know provides a sense of comfort. Ask about your friend or family member’s overall experience and whether or not they would use the company again. You may also want to do some of the research mentioned above… just in case.
The 54-acre Heart of the City is a smart-growth based, mixed-use, pedestrian friendly downtown area for Burnsville, MN. Featuring a host of retail shops, business and office space, a community arts center, community park and diverse housing opportunities, the Heart of the City is the place to Live, Work, Shop and Play.
The Heart of the City project grew from the Partnerships for Tomorrow community visioning project and community feedback that identified the creation of a central meeting area as a community goal. The Heart of the City grew from a simple streetscape project in 1995 to a full-fledged redevelopment effort. In 1999, the Burnsville City Council adopted a framework design manual and zoning ordinance which outlines design standards and other requirements to assure that future development is consistent with the community’s vision.
The Heart of the City is focused on bringing arts and cultural opportunities to the area and building tax base to benefit the entire community. Along with cultural development, the Heart of the City is aiming at economic development. At full development, the Heart of the City area will generate approximately $2-$3 million in property taxes annually compared to the $200,000 it did before redevelopment.
Source: Burnsville Site
Zip Codes in Burnsville, MN:
Burnsville is a city 15 miles south of downtown Minneapolis in Dakota County in the State of Minnesota. The city lies on the south bank of the Minnesota River, upstream from its confluence with the Mississippi River. Burnsville and nearby suburbs form the southern portion of Minneapolis–Saint Paul, the fifteenth largest metropolitan area in the United States, with about 3.6 million residents. According to the 2010 census, the population is 61,481.
Burnsville has many attractions, including its regional mall, Burnsville Center. The city is also a recreational attraction with Alimagnet Dog Park, a section of Murphy-Hanrehan Park Reserve, and 310-foot (94 m) vertical ski peak Buck Hill. Minnesota River wildlife is protected by the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge.
Originally a rural Irish farming community, Burnsville became the tenth largest city in Minnesota in the 2000 Census following the construction of Interstate 35. Currently the ninth largest suburb in the metro area and a bedroom community of both Minneapolis and Saint Paul, the city was fully built by the late 2000s. Burnsville’s downtown area is called Heart of the City with urban-style retail and condominiums. The Burnsville Transit Station serves as the hub and headquarters of the Minnesota Valley Transit Authority, providing regional bus service to five other suburbs.
The name Burnsville is attributed to an early Irish settler and land owner, William Byrne. His surname was recorded as “Burns" and was never corrected.
Ostvig Tree in Burnsville
We do not recommend removing any tree on your own or without the help of a certified arborist. Ostvig Tree care professionals have a vast understanding of many different tree species in a multitude of situations. Ostvig tree has trained arborists who is very knowledgeable in the safest and most efficient ways to remove all kinds of minnesota trees. The Ostvig Tree Arborists in Burnsville will help you avoid risky or dangerous situations.
Ostvig Tree Care has complete necessary tools and equipment to remove tree branches, wood and plants.
If you have a tree that needs to be removed fill in the form below or call us at 952-473-0534.
What People in Burnsville, MN Say About Ostvig Tree
Contact Ostvig Tree Services in Burnsville, MN
From large projects to small – from tree trimming to shrub care, and insect and disease treatments – we can guide you and keep your trees vibrant, healthy, and add value with beauty.