Tree Cutters in Apple Valley, Minnesota
Ostvig Tree Services – Tree Removal and Trimming Experts
Committed to providing experienced and professional tree care and tree removal services to clients in Apple Valley, MN, 55124.
Call Ostvig Tree in Apple Valley
With almost a hundred years of experience, we have the knowledge and skills needed to handle a wide range of tree care concerns in Apple Valley, MN, including:
Your plants need regular pruning and care to look their best and stay healthy.
We diagnose plant ailments, control, eliminate, and prevent disease or insect/pest infestation.
Buckthorn is an invasive species that can out-compete native Minnesota plants for the resources they need to thrive.
Removing trees & shrubs becomes necessary when the plants are severely injured by storms, they outgrow their sites or they need maintenance.
Cutting a tree close to the ground isn’t enough for your property needs. We also need to grind a stump we leave the site as clean as we can.
Our trimming services can shape your hedges and reduce the height or width as needed. In addition, we remove, dispose of and plant hedges.
We’ll help you decide whether a damaged tree can be saved; whether cracks can be repaired, or if a diseased or insect infested tree can be treated.
- How To Prune Trees
- Touring Around Apple Valley
- More Information About Apple Valley, MN
- Why Choose Ostvig Tree?
While pruning can vary between these different types of trees, there are some rules that are universal.
- Follow the LeaderTrees should have a central leader, whether they are deciduous or coniferous. When the tree is young, prune branches that may be competing to be the central leader of the tree. Having more than one can result in major damage to your tree and your property.
- Stop at 30 You should never remove more than 30 percent of the tree’s limbs. By doing so, you risk weakening the structure of the tree.
- Do Your Homework If you’re not sure about the pruning specifications of a tree on your property, research what they are. Incorrect pruning can be deadly for a tree (or leave the tree looking just plain hideous).
- Don’t be a Hero Yes, your yard may be your hobby, but if a pruning job is out of reach or seems dangerous, don’t handle it on your own. Call a certified arborist, such as Ostvig Tree Care.
Here are some tree-friendly places to visit and do around Apple Valley, MN, 55124:
- Apple Valley, MN hosts the most exciting outdoor activities. Visit the Lebanon Hills Campground – it is close to the city but the quietness is country-like. Music in the Zoo Summer Concert Series is an event people in Apple Valley, as well as tourists, look forward to every summer. Celebrate 25 years of music under the stars at the best outdoor music venue. And at Farquar Park, enjoy kayaking, canoeing and other outdoor activities .
- View the complete list of parks and facilities in the Apple Valley, MN official website. If you are planning a visit to Apple Valley, get the visitors’ guide here.
Zip Code in Apple Valley, MN:
Apple Valley is a city in northwestern Dakota County in the State of Minnesota, and a suburb of the Twin Cities. As of the 2010 census, the city’s population was 49,084, making it the 18th most populous city in Minnesota. In 2013, Money Magazine named Apple Valley the 17th best place to live in the United States, up from 20th in 2010, 24th in 2008 and 28th in 2007.
Apple Valley was founded in 1969, and was previously named Lebanon Township. Orin Thompson, a real estate developer, was responsible for the city’s early development. He contracted a company to determine where the next growth in the Twin Cities would be. It was one-half of a mile from County Road 42 and Cedar Avenue. Thompson bought the first houses and streets from the Brobacks, who built the city’s first four houses. The firm that selected this area was in Apple Valley, California, so Thompson took that name for the development. An alternate explanation for the name change exists, however. According to local developer Henry Broback, Lebanon Township was renamed Apple Valley because “…when you drive east on (County Road) 42 and turn to enter Lebanon, it reminded them of Apple Valley, California, which was a nice community."
Ostvig Tree in Apple Valley
We do not recommend removing any tree on your own or without the help of a certified arborist. Ostvig Tree care professionals have a vast understanding of many different tree species in a multitude of situations. Ostvig tree has trained arborists who is very knowledgeable in the safest and most efficient ways to remove all kinds of minnesota trees. The Ostvig Tree Arborists in Apple Valley will help you avoid risky or dangerous situations.
Ostvig Tree Care has complete necessary tools and equipment to remove tree branches, wood and plants.
If you have a tree that needs to be removed fill in the form below or call us at 952-473-0534.
What People in Apple Valley, MN Say About Ostvig Tree
Contact Ostvig Tree Services in Apple Valley, MN
From large projects to small – from tree trimming to shrub care, and insect and disease treatments – we can guide you and keep your trees vibrant, healthy, and add value with beauty.