Tree Cutters in Afton, Minnesota
Ostvig Tree Services – Tree Removal and Trimming Experts
Committed to providing experienced and professional tree care and tree removal services to clients in Afton, MN, 55001.
Call Ostvig Tree in Afton
With almost a hundred years of experience, we have the knowledge and skills needed to handle a wide range of tree care concerns in Afton, MN, including:
Your plants need regular pruning and care to look their best and stay healthy.
We diagnose plant ailments, control, eliminate, and prevent disease or insect/pest infestation.
Buckthorn is an invasive species that can out-compete native Minnesota plants for the resources they need to thrive.
Removing trees & shrubs becomes necessary when the plants are severely injured by storms, they outgrow their sites or they need maintenance.
Cutting a tree close to the ground isn’t enough for your property needs. We also need to grind a stump we leave the site as clean as we can.
Our trimming services can shape your hedges and reduce the height or width as needed. In addition, we remove, dispose of and plant hedges.
We’ll help you decide whether a damaged tree can be saved; whether cracks can be repaired, or if a diseased or insect infested tree can be treated.
Why do we need to remove a tree?
- The tree us dead.
- The trunk is already hollow, or has an interior decay.
- The tree is already dying. The health of the tree is noticeably declining.
- The tree has been damaged by the storm beyond repair.
- The tree is growing too close and leaning towards a structure of a public area.
- The tree roots are causing damages to sidewalks, building foundations, driveways, underground utilities, and others.
- The tree drops troublesome leaves or needles, sap, seeds, cotton, and/or branches.
- The tree is blocking certain views or is creating too much shade and inhibiting your lawn to grow.
- Your landscape renovation plans would damage the tree.
- The tree has formed a bad crotch.
- The tree trunks have cracks which is a sign of tree health deterioration.
- There are cracks in the main trunk or leaders.
- A huge tree may be a danger when the branches break and fall.
- A tree is infected with disease that may potentially harm nearby plants and other trees, and also the people around it.
- There are already too much trees in your property.
Here are some tree-friendly places to visit around Afton, MN, 55001:
- The St. Croix River offers exceptional opportunities for boating and fishing, two marinas in town and even a boat launch ramp.
- Afton also has a large, beautiful park in the old village where kids can play or you can sit and have a picnic.
- Download the Buckthorn infosheet from Afton City. Click here to download.
- Join the planting at the Rinta Park Community Garden. More details and application for garden plots can be downloaded here on this link.
- Hangout and attend the events in Afton’s Town Square Park located on the south end of the Historic Village on the west side of St. Croix Trail S between Upper 34th Street S and 34th Street S.
Visit Afton, MN website for more info about the city.
The Fire Department of Afton has requested that the city remind residents of their responsibility to cut & remove vegetation from road rights-of-way because:
- Storm blow-down of trees and branches causing road obstructions hinders emergency vehicles from accessing those residents that need help.
- Trees and branches that fall and cause injury to cars and/or pedestrians carries liability for the property owner.
- Vegetation extending into the road right-of-way may cause sight obstructions and is considered a hazard.
- Property owners are responsible for damage to emergency vehicles from overhanging branches or other obstructions along their driveway/property.
Please help rescue and emergency personnel help your fellow residents by maintaining clear, unobstructed property rights-of-way by trimming and removing potential problem vegetation. Read more here.
Zip codes in Afton Minnesota:
Afton is a city in Washington County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 2,886 at the 2010 census.
It is located on a small bay where Valley Creek empties into the St. Croix River several miles north of the confluence with the Mississippi River.
Afton is well known for Afton Alps, the largest ski and snowboard area in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. It is also home to Afton State Park, a popular park on the St. Croix River. Due to these two destinations and the quaint small-town appearance in a major metropolitan area, Afton receives a fair amount of local tourism in the form of day trips.
Afton was platted in 1855, and named for the poem Sweet Afton by Robert Burns. A post office has been in operation at Afton since 1857.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 26.42 square miles (68.43 km2); 25.05 square miles (64.88 km2) is land and 1.37 square miles (3.55 km2) is water.
Main routes include Hudson Road, County Roads 18, 21, and 71; and Minnesota Highway 95. Afton borders Lake St. Croix Beach, Lakeland, and St. Mary’s Point to the east. It also borders West Lakeland Township to the north, Denmark Township to the south, and Woodbury to the west.
Ostvig Tree in Afton
We do not recommend removing any tree on your own or without the help of a certified arborist. Ostvig Tree care professionals have a vast understanding of many different tree species in a multitude of situations. Ostvig tree has trained arborists who is very knowledgeable in the safest and most efficient ways to remove all kinds of minnesota trees. The Ostvig Tree Arborists in Afton will help you avoid risky or dangerous situations.
Ostvig Tree Care has complete necessary tools and equipment to remove tree branches, wood and plants.
If you have a tree that needs to be removed fill in the form below or call us at 952-473-0534.
What People in Afton, MN Say About Ostvig Tree
Contact Ostvig Tree Services in Afton, MN
From large projects to small – from tree trimming to shrub care, and insect and disease treatments – we can guide you and keep your trees vibrant, healthy, and add value with beauty.